What You Will Do
A Guide (Brand Ambassador) is the face of the brand to our retail customers and is responsible for creating a best in class customer experience in the store. As a Guide, you will actively engage with a diverse and often large group of people, using your product, brand, activity and community knowledge to ensure each customer has a memorable positive experience in the store. You will serve as part of a team ensuring that customer engagement is the top priority, while also assisting in the daily visual and operational maintenance of the store.
How You Will Make A Difference
- Utilize all store programs including but not limited to The Customer Experience Program, Product and Activity based learning models to provide a high level of personalized customer engagement
- Serve as a one stop resource for customers providing them with relevant product, community, and activity based knowledge and recommendations
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and to share relevant activity, community, and product knowledge to create a memorable and valuable experience for the customer
- Achieve sales and productivity goals by utilizing all available resources to meet the customers’ needs
- Assist in the execution and maintenance of visual directives and standards, including but not limited to merchandise presentation, housekeeping, product replenishment
- Assume cashier duties as needed
- Assist in the execution of all Loss Prevention initiatives
- Assist in the overall visual and operational maintenance of the store
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to genuinely and comfortably engage with a diverse group of customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge, experience and/or willingness to learn about the products, activities, community relevant to the store’s customer base
- Attention to detail
- Ability and desire to provide a highly engaging customer experience through individual service, conversation and relationship building
- Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and software programs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop ,kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus