Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Selling and Service
Understands organizational objectives and makes decisions that align with the Company priorities and values
Creates personal sales and clienteling strategies in partnership with the management team
Meets customer needs through solution-oriented and forward thinking
Builds credibility and trust as a personal fashion advisor by communicating fashion awareness and trends in the marketplace
Understands changes in local market with potential impact on business performance and supports the execution of local sales strategies and tactics
Creates positive impressions with customer by bringing best self to work through elevated, sophisticated, appropriate business attire consistent with Coach’s guide to style
Demonstrates Coach’s Selling and Service expectations at all times
Influences customers’ purchase decisions by balancing patience and assertiveness
Takes ownership and commitment for delivering results; actively aware of personal and store metrics and achieves goals
Flexes personal selling techniques to contribute to overall store financial results
Demonstrates persuasive (not aggressive), confident, friendly and genuine service skills and selling behaviors
Discusses product features and builds the sale by suggesting appropriate add on items to fit the customers’ specific needs
Works with multiple customers simultaneously and breaks away as appropriate
Follows up with customers consistently and genuinely to influence/close the sale
Develops product knowledge skills and remains aware of current collections
Demonstrates knowledge of competition and can apply that knowledge to building sales and customer relationships
Drives business through sales strategies, clienteling, sourcing new customers and maintaining on-going productive relationships with customers
Sensitive to customers’ needs and tailors approach by reading cues
Builds lasting and loyal relationships with customers
Ensures all daily tasks are completed without negatively impacting service or Coach standards
Workplace and Environment
Creates enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and mission
Fosters and environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration with peers, customers and supervisors
Demonstrates confidence when working with customers
Takes initiative; has a high-level of ownership and accountability for individual results
Welcomes feedback and adapts behaviors as appropriate
Represents Coach as a brand ambassador at all times
Is adaptable and flexible to change
Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times
Creates short and long-term strategies to achieve personal metrics and performance goals
Utilizes Company tools to keep self-informed
Handles and offers solutions to customer issues appropriately and involves a manager when necessary
Promotes and endorses a team selling environment
Completes daily operational tasks including maintaining store (sales floor and backroom), cash wrap and visual merchandising to Coach standards consistently and in a timely manner
Adheres to all retail policies and procedures including POS, Operations and Loss Prevention procedures
Leverages Coach’s tools and technology to support relationship building and clienteling efforts; including to drive sales and achieve individual goals
Replenishes inventory on sales floor as needed
Processes shipments as needed
Experience: 1- 3 year of previous selling experience in a luxury retail service environment preferred. Possesses current knowledge of fashion trends and competition in the marketplace.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Technical: Knowledge of cash registers systems, basic computer skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, Mobile POS and Internet)
Physical: Ability to communicate effectively with customers and team. Mobility to maneuver the sales floor and stock room to provide and support customer service. Reach above/bend to obtain product for customers from store fixtures/shelves at various heights and climb ladders/stairs/step-stools to perform visual merchandising and housekeeping duties. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to five pounds and at times lift and carry product/cartons up to fifty pounds to process product shipment/transfers.
Schedule: Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, busy seasons, and high retail traffic and sales days(including but not limited to: the day after Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, Mother’s Day, etc.).
Note: This document serves only as a sample of the job duties and responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all performance requirements.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.